||Four (4) oscillators. Each can be of the following types:
- MultiMode (standard waveshapes, combinations, plus saw stack)
- WaveTable (wavetables 1-64 from the Waldorf Microwave synthesizers)
- Sample playback (.raw format)
- CEM VCO chip model (like those used in the later Rev. 3.x versions of the Prophet 5)
- All of the waveforms used in the Prophet VS
- (temperature stable) model of the oscillator used in the MiniMoog.
||Two (2) rotors which are special sound sources, implemented as a looping wavesequence of four (4) assignable inputs, played successively.
||The Solaris provides 10 voices of polyphony
||Two (2) Amplitude Modulation sections that multiply the two inputs, carrier and modulator. The four algorithms are Shift, Clip, Absolute, Ring
||Four (4) filters. Each can be of the following types:
- a MultiMode filter with 23 different modes, including 4, 3, 2, & 1 pole settings of Lowpass and Highpass, several Bandpass and Band Reject (Notch) plus some series combinations. This filter design is based on the CEM VCF chip model (like those used in the later Rev. 3.x versions of the Prophet 5)
- SSM VCF chip model (like those used in earlier Rev. 1 and Rev. 2 versions of the Prophet 5) - this filter does not have gain compensation
- model of the MiniMoog 'ladder' filter
- model of the Oberheim State Variable Filter (found in earlier Oberheim synthesizers), Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, Band Reject (Notch)
- Comb filter (two types, with positive and negative feedback).
- Vocal formant filter (a set of 5 vowel sounds that can be crossfaded)
||Four (4) mixers, each with four inputs. The Inputs are freely assignable using any audio source. Insert Effects can be inserted post-mix before these feed into their respective filters.
||Two (2) separate vector mixers, each with four (4) inputs assignable to the cardinal points of the built-in joystick for manual blending.
|Envelope Generators (EGs)
||Six (6) EGs, each with five (5) stages - Delay, Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release.
|Looping Envelope Generator
||One looping envelope generator, with eight (8) stages. Variable Loop Start and Key Off (Sustain) points. Times and Levels can be modulated, and output is bi-polar.
|Low Frequency Oscillators (LFOs)
||Four (4) LFOs plus one (1) LFO dedicated (i.e., already pre-wired) to oscillator frequency as Vibrato LFO. Each LFO offers control over delayed start, fade-in and fade-out times, MIDI clock, key sync and phase control.
||The Arpeggiator has a wide variety of modes, and can be transposed from the keyboard using an assignable switch function.
|Four Row Step Sequencer
||Four (4) rows of step sequencer control - Seq A, B, C, & D. Values are +/- 127, or Rest for Row A, which controls the rhythmic pattern for all 4 rows, however, each row can be set to a different step length of 1 to 16 steps. Each sequence row's output is freely assignable through the system. Sequences can be stepped through via key event as well as normal and non-retriggering modes.
||Four (4) Exponential Lag Processors to smooth out control signals.
||Four (4) programmable Key Tables. Users can set a value from 0-127 for each MIDI Note number/key. Values are interpolated where they are not specifically entered by the user.
||Phaser, chorus/flanger, delay, and 3-band EQ effects are available. The series order of the FX is user-definable. There are also three (3) Insert Effects, which can be pre- or post-filter. These are Decimation, BitChop, and Distortion.
|Audio Inputs & Outputs
||Four (4) External analog inputs. Eight (8) analog outputs, configured as four stereo pairs. 1/4” jacks, balanced. S/PDIF optical In and Out. All inputs (including S/PDIF) can be selected as Audio Sources throughout the synthesizer for further processing or use as modulation sources.
||Fatar manufactured TP-8, 61-key weighted, dynamic bubble contact, monophonic after-touch strip
- two wheels (pitch and modulation)
- 750mm ribbon controller
||one (1) 240 x 64 backlit graphic display
||five (5) 2 x 40 backlit character displays
||you can use USB instead of MIDI. the Solaris will be recognised as a MIDI usb device
||39" x 16.73" x 6" (WxDxH) 98 x 42.5 x 15 cm (WxDxH)
||approximately 33 pounds (15kg)